Concord Theft Crime Attorneys
Fearless Advocates Serving All of Cabarrus County
In North Carolina, most theft-related crimes are known as larceny. Charges can range from misdemeanors to felonies, and sentencing varies widely depending upon the circumstances of your arrest, your criminal record, and whether or not you have a strong legal defense. It is important that you know what you are facing and whether you actually violated one of these theft-related statutes before you appear in court. The Concord theft crime attorneys at Brannen & Walker are well-versed on these offenses and are prepared to assist you.
Straightforward & Skilled Counsel for Theft-Related Charges
There are many reasons why someone might charge another with theft. For example, if someone else lets you borrow their property but then claims you tried to take it without their permission, it would not be a criminal act. A skilled criminal defense attorney can help you demonstrate that there is more to the story than what your accuser says.
Many larceny offenses lead to serious criminal charges, including felony offenses. The consequences of a conviction can impact your job, your child custody order, and your future. A momentary lapse of judgment on your part should not lead to life-altering consequences. We can help you get the best chance at a hopeful and prosperous future. We are skilled as both litigators and negotiators, and we are prepared to evaluate all your options and secure a decisive outcome that best serves your long-term goals.
Brannen & Walker handles larceny-related offenses, including:
- Shoplifting concealment
- Larceny from a person
- Larceny with a weapon
- Felony larceny
- Breaking and entering
- Larceny after breaking and entering
- Larceny of a motor vehicle
How We Can Help
Once you agree to have our firm represent you, we will conduct our own independent investigations and explore all viable defenses. The more we understand about your situation, the better your chances will be of obtaining a favorable outcome, so it is important to call us as soon as possible.
Effective defenses against theft charges include:
- Returning the property in question: If you are being accused of having taken someone else’s property with the intent to deprive them of it, returning it to them exonerates you of that motive. Many theft cases are simply due to someone’s misremembering of events, so returning property will make it much easier to obtain favorable sentencing.
- Proving that the property was gifted to you: Some people want things back after they give them away, but that should not make you liable for criminal penalties. Brannen & Walker can investigate your situation to see what happened and help you tell your side of the story.
- Having been out of your right mind at the time: Did you take something that didn’t belong to you while you were drunk? If so, it may be possible to have your sentence reduced to something like community service rather than lengthy jail sentences.
In some cases, people become victims of entrapment in order for someone else to charge them with a crime. This may be the case when a person wants to gain an advantage, such as amid child custody or divorce proceedings. If you have been charged and/or arrested, contact us immediately and put our firm to work for you.
Contact Our Firm Today
As your advocates, we will thoroughly evaluate your case to ensure that the facts are presented in court. While we will always give you our legal opinion, this is your case, and you will make the final decision. Our office is located near Rotary Square, and we offer free parking.
Call (704) 741-4644 now to get started on your defense.
Glowing Reputation & Excellent Track Records
True Advocates Who Aren't Afraid to Go to Trial
Honest, Knowledgeable Legal Representation
Nearly 20+ Years of Combined Experience