Concord Weapons Crime Attorneys
Decisive Legal Defense throughout Cabarrus County
Any time a person possesses a deadly weapon where doing so is prohibited, they can be charged with a criminal offense. If you are convicted, the consequences can have a detrimental impact on your future. At Brannen & Walker, our Concord weapons crime attorneys have the in-depth knowledge and insights to help you tell your side of the story and avoid more serious punishments. Our nearly two decades of experience and understanding of trial proceedings can help us to ensure you get the best chance at a favorable outcome.
The Consequences of a Conviction
Weapons-related offenses can lead to harsh penalties in North Carolina. If you were charged with one of these crimes, you could face time behind bars, steep fines, and the loss of your right to carry a firearm. Weapons charges can also coincide with other serious criminal charges such as assault-related offenses and alleged drug crimes.
Our team understands that your situation is serious, and we can provide the weapons crimes defense guidance you need. As your advocate, we will take quick action to protect you in every way possible, from the initial evaluation to the courtroom. As experienced trial lawyers, we understand the serious nature of your case, and we know how to develop an effective defense strategy with the goal of minimizing the impact these charges can have on your future.
Strong Defense for Different Types of Weapons Charges
A weapons offense can be an add-on charge or it can stand alone. Your situation is unique, which is why we personalize your defense strategy to suit your needs and objectives. Starting with a complete evaluation of your case, our skilled lawyers can protect your current and future interests when facing charges related to a variety of weapons offenses.
- Assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill
- Robbery with a dangerous weapon
- Possession of a firearm by a felon (felon in possession)
We have the experience to effectively defend individuals against these and other types of weapons charges. Our team believes strongly in protecting your right to a presumption of innocence and your right to present a defense.
Schedule Your Consultation as Soon as Possible
Due to the serious nature of a weapons charge, it is crucial that you get in contact with a Concord weapons crime attorney immediately. During your initial consultation, we can assess what happened in your situation to gain a clear picture of your situation.
Some defenses to a weapons charge include:
- Illegal obtaining of evidence: Far too many people are unlawfully stopped by a police officer and then searched for anything that can cement a criminal charge. This is illegal, and we can help you show that such evidence must not be admitted into court.
- Showing that you have a license to carry such a weapon: In many instances, law enforcement are too eager to make an arrest against someone who has not violated any laws. We understand how to protect your rights and ensure you are able to show that you were innocent.
- Lack of knowledge: It is illegal to carry a gun on most government property and in many schools. If you were unaware that you were on such property when carrying a weapon, we can help you make that case that you had no criminal intent.
Regardless of your criminal history or the nature of the case against you, you have the right to a strong defense when facing weapons charges. A case evaluation with a member of our team can help you understand your defense options.
Call (704) 741-4644 now to get started.
Glowing Reputation & Excellent Track Records
True Advocates Who Aren't Afraid to Go to Trial
Honest, Knowledgeable Legal Representation
Nearly 20+ Years of Combined Experience