Concord Personal Injury Attorneys
Helping Clients throughout Cabarrus County to Receive Full & Fair Compensation
Suffering a serious injury can sideline a person’s life for months. If you were injured because someone else wasn’t paying attention or giving the right attention to their property, you may be entitled to compensation. At Brannen & Walker, our Concord personal injury attorneys have handled hundreds of these kinds of cases, and we know what it takes to help our clients secure favorable outcomes and protect their long-term interests.
The Immediate Consequences of an Accident
Even a seemingly minor accident can have disastrous results. A simple fender bender, for example, can result in a severe cervical sprain that leads to a lifetime of chronic pain. Our firm has extensive experience helping injured North Carolina clients recover the full and fair monetary compensation they are owed for lost wages, medical bills, and property damage.
We have helped clients who suffered injuries in accidents involving:
- Car crashes
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Premises liability accidents
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Defective products
Before you take any action regarding an insurance settlement, you should discuss your situation with a lawyer. Insurance carriers are known for using deceptive tactics to mislead accident victims toward accepting a compensation package far below the amount they actually need. It is important that you have someone on your side who can negotiate with the at-fault party’s insurance carrier to reach a beneficial settlement. If an agreement can’t be reached, our team at Brannen & Walker is confident in our ability to represent you in court. We have secured substantial damage awards for our clients, and we know what it takes to protect your right to compensation.
Be Wary of Insurance Companies
After a serious accident, it is not uncommon for people to be disoriented or confused by the process of filing an insurance claim. You are suddenly faced with steep medical bills, lost wages, and the lingering concern that your life may never be the same. Unfortunately, many insurance companies see this as an opportunity to take advantage of the injured.
For many of our clients, the first phone call they receive might be from an insurance carrier wishing them well and ensuring that they will provide them with everything they need to get better. Then they ask for details about the accident. By getting you to admit fault or persuading you to sign documents limiting your claim amount, the company acts in its own best interest. Far too many injury victims have lost damage compensation in the tens of thousands just because they trusted insurance carriers. Don’t let this be you.
What to Do Following a Serious Accident
Your first priority following an injury needs to be caring for your health. If you were seriously injured, don’t hesitate to visit a doctor you trust. This will be an important early step in documenting the veracity of your injuries. A doctor can provide you with both proof of your injuries and testimony of problems you could suffer in the near future—not all injuries show up right away.
Immediately after your accident, you should:
- Take photos of the scene: If you have the physical capacity to obtain photographic evidence of the accident, doing so will tell a story that words never could.
- Gather witness statements and police reports: It can be unnerving to ask others to give an account of what happened to you, but obtaining witness depictions of your accident can provide strength to your side of the events. Police reports will also be crucial in showing that the accident was serious.
- Be careful not to make any harmful statements: When discussing your accident, avoid giving details that could be used by the opposing party. Don’t post to social media about your accident, and don’t speak with insurance representatives without an attorney present, leading to the next step.
- Hire experienced personal injury attorneys: You need someone on your side who can protect your best interests. At Brannen & Walker, we know how to shepherd you toward the best possible outcome for your situation. We are your advocates.
Schedule Your Free Consultation Today
Our personal injury lawyers can examine your situation and provide you with an honest case evaluation. In some cases, you may not gain anything by going to court. In others, it is vital that you litigate. Brannen & Walker is conveniently located near Rotary Square, across from the courthouse. We offer free parking.
Call (704) 741-4644 now to get started.
Glowing Reputation & Excellent Track Records
True Advocates Who Aren't Afraid to Go to Trial
Honest, Knowledgeable Legal Representation
Nearly 20+ Years of Combined Experience